Farscape is definitely more what you think of when you think of science fiction compared to other science fiction shows we watched in class. In Farscape the main character, John Crichton, works for IASA (basically NASA) and is about to test his own theory of being able to slingshot off of the Earth’s atmosphere. When doing this he accidently enters a wormhole which transports him to an entirely different part of the galaxy. He ends up in the middle of a battle between two alien life forms. One of which is basically human, and the other are creatures that you would normally picture when you think of aliens. John is pulled onto one of the ships and continues through some adventures with the aliens. In one instance he is able to test his theory and proved that it did work, and enabled John and the aliens to escape death.
This episode was pretty good in my opinion. It wasn’t my favorite science fiction tv episode we have watched, but I like the story behind it and the story that it set up. The show did a good job of leaving the watcher wondering how or if John would ever return to earth.
I did wonder if he would ever get back to earth, but I wasn't a big fan of the show.
ReplyDeleteThis definitely not the best episode we watched but there were some good qualities to this show. I think more realistic aliens would make the show much better.
ReplyDeleteThis was pretty hardcore Sci-Fi; I just thought it was a little too out-there.
ReplyDelete