
The RPAC Aquatic Center is one place where I have been spending a lot of time lately. I haven’t really swam competitively, but have always been a decent swimmer and am trying to get back into it a little bit so I can stay in shape and the facilities are available to me now. The Aquatic Center, to me, is really an amazing place I have never seen a pool even close to that big. Also it is really interesting to watch all the people diving and playing water pole. Where I grew up these sports were not available to us, and the only time I have ever seen them is on TV during the Olympics.
Overall I think this is a great facility for anyone, even if you are not there to work out, there are hot tubs, a recreation pool, and a sauna. I enjoy going there and will probably continue to go there while I am here at Ohio State.
The aquatic center is definately an amazing place. Just the sheer size of it is impressive enough. I definately want to try and get over there sometime, once I get a swimsuit that is.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been in there since they showed us the facility on my tour last september. I really want to get in there and see what all they to offer for myself.
ReplyDeleteI'm definately going to hit that hottub up in the winter. I would love to watch the cynchronized swimming team practice because from what I hear, they are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI also haven't swam competitively, but watching swimmers like Michael Phillips is awesome. I wish I could do what he can.
ReplyDeleteI have never really gotten into swimming, but hopefully soon I too will take up the opprotunity and visit the pool in the Aquatic Center. Also, I heard that the bottom of the Olympic sized swimming pool is able to be adjusted, so the depth of the water can range anywhere from 3 feet to something like 13 feet! I remember them telling us that when I came on a tour during orientation! :)
ReplyDeleteI have actually only been swimming one time in my first year at OSU. My first time there my roommates and I had no clue that you could not jump from the diving board without permission. This is actually the biggest pool that I've ever seen too.
ReplyDelete